On our way down from Gainesville, we drove through Ocala National Forest, stopped at a visitor center and got lots of good information about the hiking trails. Arne also picked up information on fishing in Florida. We checked into the Holiday Inn Express in the older part of The Villages, near Spanish Springs Market Place.
We renewed our Sam's Club membership. I had a slice of their pizza and it doesn't come close to Costco. I don't think we'll be spending as much money at Sam's as we did over the years with Costco. I will do a search for a Costco which doesn't require a trip to Orlando. We spent a few hours "shopping" for washer and dryer at Home Depot and Best Buy. Now I'm going to do some research on what I saw, starting with Consumer Reports.
Our driver called today to say he's in the area but won't be delivering our furniture until Friday. Says he "has some things to take care of." Wonder what that's all about??? So, we will be spending 3 nights in this hotel rather than sleep on the floor of our new home on Thursday night.
Tomorrow we'll try to get our drivers' license, car registration, etc. In the evening we're going to see Angels and Demons, so no report tomorrow night.
Hello,
ReplyDeleteIt has been nice following your trip to Florida. Happy you arrived safely. I guess Arne has to deal with the movers since you are on your way to Colorado. Good planning. I miss you already. I just think it is summer and you are gone for a few weeks. Then Sept. will come and you will return. Hello to Arne. Have fun at the reunion. Hugs, marilyn