Monday, June 22, 2009

Side Trip to New Orleans

We got to New Orleans shortly after Noon. Our first stop was the information center which was most helpful. After parking the car, we walked around the French Quarter for a couple of hours. Yes, it's HUMID! I will be getting a new hairstyle.

While I can imagine New Orleans is a swinging place at night, I really have no desire to go back and am scratching it off my Bucket List. Guess I'm getting old. :-(

We spent the night in a brand new Comfort Suites, just east of Mobile, Alabama. After a nice dinner at Wintzell's Oyster Bar, where I did not have oysters but seafood au gratin, we went to see UP, the 3-D movie we had planned to see the night before. It's very cute, great animation once again from Pixar.

I'm the one with the umbrella. Sexy, huh?




Tax dollars at work. There were already two lanes each direction crossing this corner of Lake Ponchetrain. They're building identical bridges. Must be for Mardi Gras traffic. :-)

3 comments:

  1. I agree, you ARE getting old if New Orleans can't even get you to pep up for a late evening out on the town! Even Mark and I stayed up past midnight while visiting the French Quarter! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How old were you then??? Early 50's? Besides you were staying several nights. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. True, we were there several nights...but were on Bourbon Street every night. :-) I will admit, probably couldn't do 4 nights in a row anymore. Only three! :-) Happy Anniversary sis. Love you.

    ReplyDelete