While playing golf this afternoon with our neighborhood group, I spotted a squirrel with a bag of nuts. Since I had brought some nuts with me in a snack bag, I assumed they were mine and stomped toward the squirrel. The squirrel proceeded to pick up the bag in its teeth and carry it off so I just let it go. Thinking it had gotten away with my "fresh" nuts, I discovered that the squirrel had actually chewed the zipper on my golf bag and taken a bag of old "stale" nuts from my bag. Now, the pocket in which I keep my golf balls, and snacks, will no longer close as a tooth is missing from the zipper. :-( The good news for the day is that I hit my ball less than 2 feet from the hole on a par 3 and won $10 for the effort, which, by the way, was a well hit ball. :-) I was told that it was a monkey squirrel but I believe it was actually a fox squirrel, which is in the picture taken from the Internet. This looks like "my" squirrel.
On June 14, 2007, I celebrated my 65th birthday. I am looking forward to at least another 33 years and thus, this is a journal of "my third act."
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
Squirrel Stole from My Golf Bag
While playing golf this afternoon with our neighborhood group, I spotted a squirrel with a bag of nuts. Since I had brought some nuts with me in a snack bag, I assumed they were mine and stomped toward the squirrel. The squirrel proceeded to pick up the bag in its teeth and carry it off so I just let it go. Thinking it had gotten away with my "fresh" nuts, I discovered that the squirrel had actually chewed the zipper on my golf bag and taken a bag of old "stale" nuts from my bag. Now, the pocket in which I keep my golf balls, and snacks, will no longer close as a tooth is missing from the zipper. :-( The good news for the day is that I hit my ball less than 2 feet from the hole on a par 3 and won $10 for the effort, which, by the way, was a well hit ball. :-) I was told that it was a monkey squirrel but I believe it was actually a fox squirrel, which is in the picture taken from the Internet. This looks like "my" squirrel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You need to take a pellet gun with you to the golf course, to shoot the thiefs and the gators and snakes....
ReplyDeleteLooks like a full calender this summer for you and Arne. Everyone looks great.
ReplyDeleteSherry