
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!
I hope everyone had a safe and happy Independence Day. We had wonderful patriotic music at church this morning performed by the barbershop choir. This evening we went to the Town Square and ate pasta at Red Sauce. They had $7 meals until 6 PM. It included a salad and half their usual entree. We were both stuffed and wondered how anyone could eat the full entree. We then went home and watched the various Fourth of July celebrations. While my favorite was Boston Pops with Toby Keith, I've added a Fourth of July in Washington, D.C. to my bucket list.
Last night, Arne and I went to a concert at Temple Shalom. The performer was 18-year-old Adam Swanson from Shenandoah, Iowa. He just won the World Champion Old Time Piano Player award in Peoria, Illinois, for the third year in a row. He was phenomenal! His fingers moved amazingly fast over that keyboard. Check him out http://www.adamgswanson.com/Adam_Swanson/Home.html. I took my first piano lesson a week ago and experienced difficulty with the G7 chord. This gave me a true appreciation for his talent.
No comments:
Post a Comment