Saturday morning, I exercised in the very nice fitness room, IHOP for breakfast, then back to hotel for two more hours of the girls swimming. In the evening, we went to iT'Z, a pizza buffet and indoor amusement and arcade.
Sunday morning, I took the girls down to the pool AGAIN where they swam for 90 minutes before it was time to check out of the hotel. After lunch, we went to Hinkle Family Fun Center to play Miniature Golf. Then the 1 1/2 hour drive to Los Alamos and a BBQ at Erik's friends' house.Kadin and Gracie slept on the way home from Albuquerque.
Monday we headed to White Rock, where Erik used to live, and were guests at a swim club. We were there for 3 1/2 hours. Not warm enough for me to swim. In fact, I sat with a jacket on much of the afternoon. The girls did more eating than swimming. Since it was the last day of the swim season, the snack bar had everything at half price. Monday night we teleconferenced through Skype with Grandpa in Florida. Videos are of Erik and Gracie going off the high board. Later in the afternoon, Gracie dove off the lower board but my battery was dead, so no video. She did it 3 times and each one was very good.
This morning, I walked Kadin and Gracie to school and said Good-Bye. Gracie hung around me until the bell rang and came back to hug me again. Fortunately I had sun glasses on as I didn't want her to see the tears in my eyes. I probably won't see them again until Christmas. :-(Erik's yard backs up to the ridge where I can get on the Perimeter Trail above Los Alamos. In 2000, there was a large fire which started with a prescribed burn in Bandeleir National Monument and got out of control, burning over 200 homes and destroying hundreds of trees.



Erik set up a trampoline for the girls this summer. They've taken gymnastics and enjoy practicing what they learned there. Erik did an engineering feat supporting the legs on the hillside.
No comments:
Post a Comment