Sunday, February 24, 2013

New Mexico Swensens

Wednesday, February 13, I flew to Albuquerque. Erik had an interview there so was able to pick me up and drive me to Los Alamos. After a quick dinner, we went to the middle school for Kadin and Gracie's basketball scrimage. While I was looking forward to seeing them play, I was disappointed in their lack of discipline that evening. Erik was frustrated with most of the girls as they failed to follow his coaching instructions. They didn't look like the undefeated team they claimed to be. Maybe Kadin and Gracie were just too excited to see Grandma. :-)

The girls had no school on Friday or Monday, which is why I chose to visit at this time. It certainly wasn't for the weather since most days barely got in the 40's. My only exercise during this visit was walks, alone and with Erik. I was starting to get cabin fever. The girls went ice skating twice but I decided not to take a chance on cracking my head. One evening they got into body painting.



We were able to have Jeffrey on Monday from 9-5. Jamie thought Erik should take Jeffrey to Urgent Care so Erik was able to get an appointment at the children's clinic. The doctor said Jeffrey had RSV which was going through the children in his daycare. Jeffrey was in a pretty good mood all afternoon.
"Temple Run" is a favorite for Lil E on the iPad...

...or the iPhone.

Dad and his little "buckaroo."
Oooooh. This stretch feels sooo good.

Because the doctor said to keep him home on Tuesday, we had Jeffrey from 7:30-11. I finally got to hold him...my last day as I flew home that evening.


My flight home was excellent. I had all three seats in the exit row to myself. I didn't need the leg room as I put my feet up on the seats and stretched out as I watched "Rock of Ages." Music from the '80's with Tom Cruise playing a washed-up rock star. Very entertaining movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment