The second half of the girls' visit began with Camp Villages Meet the Dogs, followed by Archery.
 |
| The girls marching with Lollie during Meet the Dogs |
 |
| Gracie had her face painted for Meet the Dogs |
 |
| Kadin aiming her bow at the target |
On Friday, August 3, the four of us went to SeaWorld in Orlando. We saw several shows...dolphins, whales, sea lions, turtles. Kadin and Gracie wanted to ride the coasters but they were closed all afternoon due to lightning in the area. We were heading out of the park at 5 and Gracie noticed that Mante was open with no wait so they ran to get in line while I stayed with Arne. They came off that ride beaming and ready to go on the other coaster, Kraken. I decided to go on that one with them. While Mante is the touted ride for SeaWorld, the girls thought Kraken was better.
On the way home, we stopped at a restaurant in Wildwood for dinner to celebrate Arne's birthday. Kadin was halfway through her dinner when she felt sick and started shaking. I took her to the car and the shaking stopped. When we got home she went right to bed and slept ten hours. It dawned on me the next morning that she could have been suffering from dehydration. We were in the heat all day and she wouldn't drink as much water as I wanted her to drink. She said she woke up around 2 (AM) and her tongue was dry so she drank water. After that incident, it was easier for me to get her to drink water in place of soda.
 |
| Dolphin Show |
 |
| Trainer "skiing" on backs of two dolphins |
 |
| "One Ocean" starring Orcas |
 |
| This whale did belly landing. Trainers cannot go into water with whales since trainer was killed last year. |
|
On Saturday, the girls went to art class with Arne. Sunday, we went to contemporary church service and then girls went to basketball practice with me. Kadin had a melt-down and went off to sit in the corner of the gym. She wouldn't mind me and I was very glad Erik was flying in that night.
Monday, Gracie went to art with Arne. Kadin stayed home with her Dad. Tuesday afternoon, we headed for Tampa. We checked into our hotel around 3. The girls swam while Arne took a nap. At 4 PM, we headed over to Clearwater Beach on the gulf. Erik and the girls swam for a couple hours while Arne and I watched from the beach.
 |
| Clearwater Beach |
 |
| Erik, Kadin and Gracie (cartwheel) in the surf |
 |
| Keeping cool |
 |
| Kadin doing a flip on bungee trampoline. She almost got three flips on one jump. |
 |
| Gracie's flip. |
|
|
|
Wednesday we went to Busch Gardens in Tampa. The girls, Erik and I rode several coasters and cooled off in the Congo River Rapids. I got totally soaked and didn't mind one bit as I stayed cool for the rest of the day. Arne took care of our belongings while we were on the rides.
 |
| Erik and Gracie with the "Tall People." They laughed that Erik was almost as tall as they. |
 |
| Erik and Gracie thrown out of their jeep. |
 |
| "Plunge from the sky on SheiKra, our ferocious, floorless dive coaster... Climb 200 feet to the edge of a pure
90-degree drop that inches you mercilessly over the edge—and stops..." Look above the greenery and you can see the car just hanging over the edge. We were in the front row. I didn't think I was going to like that part but it wasn't so bad. I would have gone again, if the line hadn't been so long. Because I was sitting away from the track, I felt like I was flying. |
Thursday morning, the girls went with me to drop Erik at the airport, ten mins. from our hotel, for his flight back to New Mexico. It was a short visit but we packed a lot into those three days. We checked out around 10:30 and were home early afternoon. I took the girls swimming around 4. This turned out to be there last swim as we had a thunderstorm Friday. We took them back to Sweet Tomatoes on Friday for our last dinner together.
Saturday morning, we (Gracie and I) got all their stuff together and packed. Kadin's not much help as she's not happy unless she has her hands on some technology, whether it's iPod, iPad or computer.
Their 4:30 flight didn't take off until 4:55. We are required to stay in the terminal until the flight takes off. Arne and I had a very nice, quiet ride back to The Villages. While we have lots of happy memories, three weeks was definitely too long for Kadin. Gracie, whom I was most worried about, did great. She and Grandpa had some special bonding as Gracie took home a beautiful watercolor of a turtle which Grandpa helped her paint.
Today we were back to our regular routine. For me that meant fitness center, church and basketball practice, followed by a trip to Walmart to pick up a roast chicken for dinner...
No comments:
Post a Comment