Three weeks ago I had surgery on my back near my left shoulder to remove a pre-cancerous growth. The stitches came out the day after we arrived home from Arizona. Two days later I played the best basketball I've played in almost 50 years! Unfortunately, I overdid my shoulder and the wound became infected. After four days of trying to get the doctor to look at it, I finally got in last Thursday. He worked on the area, pressing down hard to force out the poison. Ouch! I had surgery on my right thigh scheduled for Friday. After that surgery, the doctor addressed my shoulder and pressed even harder! I can't believe I didn't cry! It REALLY hurt! Arne had to change the dressing and clean the wound twice a day over the week-end. I went back to the doctor today where a nurse irrigated the site with hydrogen peroxide. The doc gave me a different antibiotic as he didn't think the one he prescribed last Thursday was doing the job. I have to go back Wednesday afternoon for another look see. Meanwhile, no Fitness center, no pickleball, no golf...nothing physical! I'm bummed! The few pounds I lost last month will probably come back double. Then I remind myself that this too shall pass and before I know it, I'll be back in action.
Today was my 69th birthday and I thoroughly enjoyed the day. This morning I got a perm so am now very curly. This afternoon I had a manicure and pedicure. This evening Arne took me to Outback where I enjoyed my usual 6 oz steak with sweet potato and salad. Oh yes, I had a martini before we left and two glass of wine with dinner which along with the chocolate cake when we got home put me at double my calories for the day. But hey, it IS my birthday. As long as I don't make it a habit of eating like this...and someday soon I'll be able to exercise again which really helps with those calories. :-)
Thank you to all who sent birthday wishes through email and Facebook. Thank you for thinking of me!
No comments:
Post a Comment