Wednesday night, Arne and I went to listen to the State of The Villages. The developer spoke about future developments, the biggest of which is a partnership with University of South Florida in Tampa. USF Health will conduct a major health study that examines the current health of Villages residents. They will also conduct a “concert series” in which various medical experts at the school will visit The Villages to share the latest medical tips with residents and meet with small groups to “listen and learn” from residents. Another goal of the partnership will be to work with those in the current health care system to ensure that patients here have the latest and best technical treatments available for enhanced care. Arne and I are very excited about this opportunity. I told Erik recently that we've found the "fountain of youth" here in the Villages. Even so, we're going to St. Augustine next week to see Ponce de Leon's Fountain.

Bad news -
James was our favorite on American Idol. Last night he was voted off and we're not excited with the remaining three. James should have a great music career but we would have liked to see him as THE American Idol.
I wanted James, too! I won't be watching the remaining two shows.
ReplyDelete