Sunday, September 26, 2010

Not Lovin' These "Love Bugs"

We were told the love bugs appeared each May and September. Well, seems that is true as we just had our second session with these "lovely" critters. They weren't so bad in May, except when we drove through them on our way to Ft. Lauderdale. This month, I've already swept up hundreds of thee critters and they don't seem to be done with their lovin'...In case you don't remember them from my May blogs, here's another picture.

I AM LOVIN' the fact that Jim Furyk won the FedEx Cup today at 40 years old. He's a nice guy with a nice family and while I would have liked to see Phil win it, Jim is my second choice.

Yesterday, Arne and I went to see "Get Low" with Robert Duvall and Bill Murray. It's based on the true story of a Tennessee hermit who throws himself his own funeral. Duvall does an outstanding job. I didn't realize he is 80 and played Boo Radley in "To Kill a Mockingbird." Now I want to see that movie again.
Played pickleball a couple times this week and am really liking it. I'm ready to move from the beginner groups to Intermediate. We'll see if they're ready for me. :=)

Played basketball this afternoon. Had several new gals come out as interested. We're working on our teams for the Florida state games in early December. You have to play in those to qualify for the National Seniors in Houston next June. I'm starting to see improvement in my play, which was definitely needed!

Won money again in Wednesday's golf group. Got closest to the hole for women, even though it was almost 30' from the pin. It was very windy and guess the other ladies didn't make the green. I tied for low score which meant we had to take it to the highest handicap men's hole. Rick and I tied on the first two handicap holes but he won the third. I said we should go by the women's handicap as I would have won on the fourth handicap hole. :-) Rick was such a gentleman and gave me half his winnings which I didn't want to take since I won money on closest to the hole but he insisted. I'll buy he and his wife a drink at next Wednesday's 19th hole. I noticed the gal in charge of our Wednesday games said this week would be men's handicap and the following week would be based on women's handicap, in case of tie. Guess I made a point. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment