Monday, June 14, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

I made it another year! It was a beautiful day. I played Mah Jong this afternoon and won 3 games...the MJ Gods were good to me! I spent an hour on the phone with dear friend, Jody, from Iowa. Hard to believe we've been friends since Kindergarten, over 60 years ago! I don't feel that old. :-)

This evening, Arne took me to Outback where I pigged out on Bloomin' Onion, steak, salad and sweet potato. Now my waistline is "bloomin." Upon arriving home, I received a call from youngest son, Aaron. He had also texted me in the early morning. I received a text from Lisa as well this afternoon. I had talked to her at length on Saturday. No word from Erik. He's been consumed with moving into a new home. I'm sorry I'm not there to help him as I did with his previous moves.

More importantly, today is Flag Day. In our neighborhood, small flags were placed next to everyone's driveway. We also hung out our large flag in honor of the day.
Last Thursday, Arne and I went to Market Square to order a sign for the front of our house. I was very surprised to see it hanging on our lamppost already.

1 comment:

  1. The last pic of your sign post makes your home look like an entrance to a beautiful resort. Your home must be gorgeous. Too bad it is so far away that I don't know when I will see it! :-)

    ReplyDelete