Thursday, Lisa took me to meet my dear friend, Marilyn, with whom I stayed the next three nights. I spent an hour with Al and Barbara Taylor, who bought our Terravita house. I enjoyed seeing how they had made use of the space and pleased to see that they hadn’t made any major changes as they liked what we had done in our remodel. I really miss the floor tile and would love to have it in our Florida home. Barbara was amazed when I told her that Arne had installed the wall tile in the guest bath. I pointed out the other things Arne had done and she continued to be impressed. After lunch and a visit with Jane Frisch, Marilyn and I went to the driving range to practice for the Sonoran member-guest tournament in which we would be playing on Friday and Saturday. Thursday evening we went to Carefree Station to join four other friends for dinner.
Friday and Saturday, Marilyn and I played in the tourney. Friday was very cold! I had not brought the right clothes as I thought it was going to be in the upper 70’s and lower 80”s. Thus I had shorts and sleeveless shirts. Not appropriate!! Marilyn gave me a windbreaker belonging to her husband, Tim. It didn’t fit too badly but was a little large. I didn’t really feel comfortable in my swing until Saturday afternoon when I was finally able to shed the windbreaker. While we didn’t play well, actually coming in DFL in our flight, I saw lots of friends so it was a fun time. Also, the tee prize was a $50 gift certificate with which I bought a hat, glove, and cosmetic bag. We also got an Arizona charm bracelet. Marilyn and I did get some money back by sharing a 3-way tie for second place in the putting contest. :-)Sunday, Jane took me to meet Erik and girls. We went to Mesa where we checked into the Marriott Mesa for four nights. Sunday night, Lisa, Erik, their children and I went bowling.
Monday, I watched Kadin and Gracie as Erik and Lisa had meetings for their new business. The girls swam for two hours in the morning. We then went to Subway for lunch and McDonald’s for dessert and playtime. Back to the pool for another couple hours swimming. In the evening, we went to Lisa’s for dinner.
Tuesday, I took Kadin, Gracie, Taylor, Brock and Nick to Jumpstreet for two hours of jumping on the trampolines. They had a fun time. Nick ended up with burns on his elbows and knees. He also hurt his shoulder and he’s only 23! Guess it’s not an activity for people over 20.
Tuesday night we met Mark, Marla, Andy, Drew and Kayley for dinner at Manuel’s in celebration of sister Marla’s birthday.


Wednesday, I took Kadin and Gracie to the Phoenix Zoo where we met Marla and her grandkids. We had a couple good hours together before the kids started to get tired. Took Kadin and Gracie to the pool for a couple hours in afternoon.


That night, all three of my children and all 6 grandchildren gathered at Dave and Buster’s in Tempe to celebrate grandson Daniel’s successful completion of his GED. He had high scores and we’re very proud of him. D&B’s has a big arcade so after dinner the grandkids had fun playing games and then picking out their prizes. Gracie was a big winner and went away with 3 stuffed animals.
Thursday was a travel day for me as I flew back to Florida. Arne was glad to see me and had the house in A-1 shape.
Friday night Arne and I went to Lake Sumter Landing for the Corvette show. It was a beautiful evening and a long time coming after a very cold winter.
Today we cheered on our neighborhood softball team in the AM and in the PM we watched part of a beach volleyball tourney with professional players. Wish I could jump and spike like these girls!
Sounds and looks like you had a fantastic time sis. Thank you for the great update and pics.
ReplyDelete