Yesterday I participated in the Good Life Senior Games near Clearwater. I was part of The Villages basketball team for age 65-69 . My dear friend and Iowa Wesleya teammate, Lori, drove up from Bonita Beach to play with us. We played three games. A team from North Carolina who've played together for several years beat us 23-18 because we missed 12 free throws and also they had a 70-year-old lady who could sink it from the 3-point line. We then played a Clearwater team in their early 50's. They beat us 40-26 with one 6' gal scoring all of their points. She's the Tampa Police Chief and played for University of Tampa in the late 70's. We won our third game by 20 points against another Clearwater team. We won the gold medal because there were no other Florida teams in our age bracket and the North Carolina team doesn't qualify. Now I know how some people have so many medals. :-) We also now qualify to play in the Florida Senior Games in December.



This afternoon I went to basketball and volleyball practice. (A neighbor who had gone with me the last two weeks, fractured her index finger last Tuesday night so her volleyball days are probably over.) We are preparing for The Villages Senior Games after Easter. I hadn't planned to play volleyball but the coach said she wanted me to play to get some experience.
I played 18 holes of golf on Tuesday. Shot 98 which would be good for me on Terravita but not on these courses, which are less yardage. Wednesday morning I went to my chiropractor for an adjustment. I think it helped as I was hitting the ball quite well on Wednesday afternoon when I played in a neighborhood 2-person scramble. My partner and I won first place. That makes me 5 for 5 in money winnings for Wednesday neighborhood golf. :-)
You are turning into a real jock in your old age! That is great. Keep active!!!
ReplyDeleteI am soooo jealous. I would love to be playing. You go girl! I am proud of you.
ReplyDelete