Besides chocolate cake, Arne and I enjoy carrot cake. I found a recipe in my Healthy Homestyle cookbook and decided to give it a try. Arne thought it would be cute to get a picture of me in my 45-year-old apron. I'm barefoot but obviously, not pregnant. Besides the cake, I made a couple (Tuesday and Wednesday) dishes in my new little crock pot which turned out to be quite tasty. I like the idea that I can prepare it in the morning and then play golf in the afternoon, go to the "19th Hole" with the gang and come home to a ready dinner.

Thursday afternoon I finished up Christmas cards. Hope you got yours. :-)

Thursday evening we joined 140 of our neighbors for our Christmas dinner at a restaurant in Spanish Springs. A good time was had by all.

I was supposed to play golf on Friday but my group couldn't get a tee time. I'm thinking the scheduler limits our choices as there are 27 courses to choose from. As it turned out, it was very cold so I was glad I wasn't playing.
Saturday morning we went to the softball game to cheer on our neighorhood team. It was fun. I did more talking with the gals than watching the game but we did get enough cheers in to see them win. From there, Arne and I went to Fresh Market where we bought fresh swordfish and some salads for our Saturday dinner. It was delicious! I thought of my brother-in-law, Mark, who loves swordfish. If he ever comes to visit, I know one meal I'll serve.Saturday afternoon I got out my sewing machine and whipped up a valance for the guest bath. Not sure how much I like it but it'll do for now.

While I was sewing, Arne was busy putting together the tables for our living room as well as the new lamp. We have now purchased most everything and it's time to get a decorator for help with window treatments, accessories and artwork.


Today, we met Al and Donna Smith at church. They lived across the street from us in Terravita, recently sold their home and moved to Florida. While they don't live in The Villages, they're only 15 minutes from our church. We did lunch and then went back to church for the Christmas concert. They're coming here Tuesday night for dinner along with another couple transplanted from Terravita. More on that next week!
Your home touches look great! How was the King Ranch chicken dinner?
ReplyDelete